Tagged
Now I don't really understand how this works but I was tagged by Koolaid To name five things I miss from my childhood.The joy and excitement of staying up late. I never understood why grown ups always wanted to sleep. If I heard the MASH theme song come on it made my night because I was normally in bed by then for quite a while. Now I understand the joy and excitement of sleeping. If I had the choice now, I'd sleep until lunchtime everyday.
I know this sounds horrible....but being a sneak. It was the thrill of it all. Am I going to get caught? Did I make too much noise? I sunck candy, chocolate, cookies, and as I got a bit older it was a few beers. Nothing I ever did was worth it, but you don't get that kind of feeling when your all growd up.
Going to work with my dad. It might have been a sneak a few times by faking sick, but those times were worth it. I loved walking with my dad and holding his hand. He'd be in uniform and saluting people and I thuoght I was so cool because of it. Then, I'd be sneaky there and end up getting candy and sodas from guys at his work by pouting and saying my daddy didn't get me anything to eat.
It's a girl thing...but 2 words. school clothes. I loved getting the new school clothes for that year. I always thought that the new clothes would make the new year better. On top of that, just getting to shop for them. It wasn't an all the time thing when we bought new clothes. Not alot of money to spend on things like that when I was young.
Friday night skating rinks. If you were cool, then you were at the skating rink. You dressed up and got blisters on your feet from the nasty rink skates and shook your little butt while spinning in circles. Granted, I didn't get to go all the time, but when I did I loved it. I think the song called "Tootsie Roll" was one of my favorites. Maybe I didn't get to go all the time was because of my sneakiness. I don't miss all the groundings I got, the bad hairdo's, and clothes. But I think I had a good childhood and I still have fun being a kid.
Now the part I don't understand of this tag is the links and such. I have no clue how to do that. But there was a list of names I can copy down.
Fistful of fortnights
Cake Eater Chronicles
Margilowry.com
SubliminalKoolaid
Michellecanning
Now my pick of tag-ee's
www.maraposa.blogspot.com
www.mylittlecheeselogblog.blogspot.com
www.keelyrichmond.blogspot.com
www.ajewelami.blogspot.com
YOU'RE IT!!!
Those were GREAT!
Uh, Baby Girl -- I don't have the ability to call internationally so. . .could you give me a call on my cell, please?
ILY,
M
Post a Comment
<< Home