Tuesday, November 02, 2004


Christmas shopping
I decide today that I would get a bit of my shopping out of the way. All goes well in one store. There wasn't a whole lot of people which was good. Then I decide I will venture into the PX. Tristan is being fussy because I forgot to bring him anything to play with. Not even thinking about it, I give him the lid to my water. He starts getting fussy again and some woman stops me adn says that he has the cap stuck in his mouth. I am shocked because I honestly didn't think it would fit in his mouth. So while I was through the store, to my luck I keep seeing this woman and she sends her evil looks to me every time. I did feel bad though because I just thought he dropped it and was being fussy, woops. So I bought him a toy for now. Like he understands I felt bad, he just got to play with something. I also have a big box that is a little trike that grows with Tristan, which I found for $18. (Go me!). I am trying to push a stroller full of bags, Tristan bieng a toot, and I have to walk all the way to the other side of the building to pick up my pictures. Mind you I have to walk past the bus stop in front of the PX which it's lunch time and a ton of single Marine's are standing around. Do they help me? Nnnooooo..... They see me swerving all over the sidewalk trying to push the stroller and keep hold of this big ass box. I get my pictures and go to leave. Then a woman comes running up behind me. In Tristan's protest of stopping, he kicked a brand new Nike tennis shoe off. I say thank you and try to find an open arm to take the damn shoe. I pack everything in the car and get in the front seat, open the envelope of pictures and that changed my whole mood. You have to admit, the boy is adorable even if he's stubborn. Get home and unpack all the stuff and notice once again the damn shoe is gone. So there I go backtracking from my 5th floor down the elevator in to the middle of the street to find where he decided to kick it off to make me crazy. Maybe it's my fault because I dress him like a little man, not a baby. Joe gives me enough crap about spending $30 on a pair of shoes he'll grow out of in a month, and told me to keep the reciept and just keep returning them for bigger sizes. Anyway, I have learned that this seasonal shopping with a kid sucks, and I bet it gets worse as he gets older.




Comments


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep...you're right...it sucks. All the way up 'til their about 12. Then it mellows out. Some.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yea he hasn't learned,"I want" yet. I think then it will be difficult to go to the store anytime after that.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Eli is the main one though. He sees just a glimpse of a Hot Wheel package and that's the end of it all. Your getting him one just to stop the madness and staring.(well,he's not that bad, but he does love cars)

2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The next time he starts getting to be a hand-full, just look him in the eye and tell him "I'm going to remember this and, when you get old enough, I am going to tell your friends/girlfriends/employees all of the sweet stories about you as a baby". Then laugh maniacally. It won't change his behaviour, but you'll feel better. And, depending on your laugh, strangers will avoid you.

Cheers... homebru

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Profile


Name:
Location: California, United States

Married to my best friend, and have an adorable little boy and a giant puppy who I stay at home with. I travel wherever my husband's job takes us and love every minute of it.

Previous Posts


Welcome
Good Grief
Living with my father #1
How can you not love that face? 

Archives


November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
January 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007

Blog Roll


Baby Chicken
Rescue Mike
Rachael Lucas
Keely
Richy Rich
Jesse
Julia
Tara
Randi
Margi Lowry
Michelle Malkin
Note It Posts
Subliminal Koolaid
Samantha
Iggy Froggy
Lyla
BullfrogsWritingPalace
Levi

Website Counters
Site Credit


Author: Michelle
Powered & Hosted: Blogger
Designer: Devilish*Designs
Requirements: Kelt font
1024x768 screen resolution
Best Viewed:
Designer recommends the lastest version of Mozilla Firefox; also viewable in latest versions of Internet Explorer, Netscape, and Opera.