Ohhh Maaannnnnn.....
I have never put recipies on my blog before, but I made this for dinner tonight and it was fabulous! I have been trying to make all the recipies in a cookbook I bought not too long ago called "All Recipies Dinner Tonight". You can make this hot or just a good flavor. I added kielbasa sausage to mine and it's really good. I served it over rice.Luisiana Shrimp Creole
3 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup finely diced onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. chili powder
Dash hot pepper sauce
1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1.) In a 2 quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic; cook until tender.
2.)Mix in cornstarch. Stir in stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Stir in shrimp (and sausage) and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.(If you use fresh shrimp.)
That sounds positively DIVINE.
I will, however, have to wait a few weeks before I can try the recipe. I can hardly cook right now! ;o)
Post a Comment
<< Home