Saturday, October 21, 2006


Inside my head....
I have some things on my mind and don't know how to say them. So without editing myself, I am just going to...type as it comes. I hope it doesn't come across wrong. I've had a few big things come to me lately. The first one was my only real friend here is going to her home state for a few months to work and get her life on track. I'm a bit selfish on that one because I don't want to be alone without friends here again. Not long ago I find out a close friend of mine has breast cancer. She's doing better now and I am so glad. When I first heard it scared me though because her mom had cancer too. 2 days ago I find out a best friend I've had since I was about 13 is pregnant. Which I am so excited and nervous for her. She lost her last baby due to severe complications and I hope that doesn't happen again. Today I find out another close friend of mine has cancer. She just found out yesterday morning. More tests to come..but still added to my list. I have a little brother who I have never seen in person as well. Which brings me to my main thought. How can I be a good person? How can I be a good friend so far away? All these friends are in the same state and I am hundreds of miles away. I want so bad to do things and be there for these people but I feel like I can't. I feel like I am helpless and these friends can't depend on me. They say ,"Oh how sweet. Michelle called today....that's nice. She sent something today. How great....." But friends need to be sitting next to them...cheering them up, going with them to doctors, food runs for them...anything they need. Not phone calls....not cards....We have no money to spare right now which cuts into the phone calls and items in the mail....which leads me back to the questions of how can I be a good friend to my friends in times of need? How can they come to me with things when I can't even talk on the phone too long because I can't go over my minutes, I can't fly back to Oklahoma, can barely buy a card.... I have a little brother. I have step-siblings, I have my sister Jennifer...but I have a brother I have never held, have no memories made with him, don't have pictures with him. Which makes me feel terrible. I'm afraid he's never going to know me and know how glad I am to have him. I want the stories of getting in trouble and our.....our dad lecturing the both of us. Margi laughing at us because I taught him something I really shouldn't have. I have several boxes of stuff for him that I can't even afford to mail. I want to help my dad and Margi by sending all this stuff, but feel bad because the older Mitchell gets, the more they have to buy that I have sitting in boxes in my storage. I do what I can....but I feel like I should do more. And my friend Keely. She is my best friend and we are both a bit in the same boat. We live in different states with military husbands trying to fit in. We both need the same things and wish we lived closer. I don't want to come off as woe is me....I just have a constant feeling of the need to explain myself. I just feel helpless....




Comments


Blogger Baby Chicken said...

I just wanted to say I feel for you! We moved away 6 years ago and I've only been back twice. I have nieces and nephews I've never met. I had friends there, but we have lost touch. Some days, I really miss how things were there - I miss my sister and my friends.

Keep your head up! Your phone calls and cards mean more than you think they do.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Michelle-
I love you! Your thoughts, prayers, concern, calls, cards, etc. mean the world to me. With you living so far away all of those things make you a "GREAT" friend whether you realize it or not. Most people I know who also live long distance haven't even sent an email of concern and you have done that plus more. Don't ever think you're not a good friend! We love you and miss you!

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All you have just said is what 'prayer' is for. The most important, helpful, thoughtful, caring thing that we can ever do for anyone in our lives is to say a prayer for them. It doesn't cost a thing and it will bring everyone more than money can buy...I love you!

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, sweetie. . .I'm so sorry you're feeling helpless and alone. We want nothing more than to see your smiling face every day. Trust me, your little brother will know alllll about his big sister, Chel.

You just take care of you and know that everything will be all right.

{{{{{{{ huggggggggssss }}}}}}}

(Love, Margi - not anonymouse)
Blogger is being a bitch...

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am truly honored to have you for a niece. Your thoughts and concerns aren't going unnoticed. Keep your chin up. Love Ya,

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Profile


Name:
Location: California, United States

Married to my best friend, and have an adorable little boy and a giant puppy who I stay at home with. I travel wherever my husband's job takes us and love every minute of it.

Previous Posts


Create Your Own!
My little toot..
Pumpkin Patch
Well crap.....I guess it updates the other slidesh...
New Pictures!!
New slideshow!
I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN....
HAPPY BERFDAY TO ME
About Freaking Time...
A Trip To Dennis the Menice PLayground..

Archives


November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
January 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007

Blog Roll


Baby Chicken
Rescue Mike
Rachael Lucas
Keely
Richy Rich
Jesse
Julia
Tara
Randi
Margi Lowry
Michelle Malkin
Note It Posts
Subliminal Koolaid
Samantha
Iggy Froggy
Lyla
BullfrogsWritingPalace
Levi

Website Counters
Site Credit


Author: Michelle
Powered & Hosted: Blogger
Designer: Devilish*Designs
Requirements: Kelt font
1024x768 screen resolution
Best Viewed:
Designer recommends the lastest version of Mozilla Firefox; also viewable in latest versions of Internet Explorer, Netscape, and Opera.