Bah...Humbug
You ever get in a rut where you just don't feel like doing much of anything? Well, I've been like that for a few weeks now. I'm not depressed, I'm not hiding out, I'm perfectly fine. I joined a babysitting group to be able to go to the gym in July, and I am just burned out on going. I really don't care as much on how I look anymore. I have FINALLY come to terms that I will NEVER look like I did in high school again. I told my husband that I don't care anymore, and that I think I look......okay. He said it was about damn time, because he thinks I look great.(Aren't husbands wonderful for your ego?) Anyway, I want to quit the group. But 3 women quit a week ago and they are really low on members. They need a CPR certified person to watch everyday. Well, they have the minimum of people who are right now, including me. I leave them in a bad situation, which makes me feel bad. But I want to quit. Tonight I was invited to a little get together that a Zion Christian church is putting on. I didn't show up. Tristan was being a little fussy, and that is my excuse. It would have been a group of people I don't know, with someone I don't know watching my kid on a different floor of the building. Back to the gym thing. One of the women who run the babysitting group, is a.......used to be friend? Well, her and I don't hang out anymore and we.....don't see eye to eye. Ever since I made friends with a girl that didn't give a good first impression, and I quit doing her workout routine with her. She is more than likely going to make me feel bad for trying to quit the group. I hate being mean... I am perfectly comfortable with bieng at home, and doing daily routines without the gym. I'll go out and do more things when my friend gets back, because I'm comfortable with her too. But, Bah...Humbug. I'm trying to grow the balls and tell this woman I don't want to go to the gym anymore. I'd rather be a little chunky than look like a man, and I'd rather be happy than feel spineless.
Honestly, who wants to look like they did in high school? Be honest with them and yourself.
Post a Comment
<< Home