Good news
I got a phone call from my husband last night. I was real happy about it. It had been over a week since I heard from him. When we do talk on the phone, it's about nothing important. It's as if he's down the street. We laugh and crack jokes, and I tell him new things our son is doing. Some of the wives here say I'm crazy. They get all red eyed and snotty when they talk to their husbands. But I don't see what good that does. You'll see those wives at the pier when we drop off our husbands for deployment, practically dragging behind them. I'm not cold-hearted or anything, but I don't see a point in bawling my head off. I'd rather know that when he gets off the phone with me that he's smiling, not worrying about if I'll be okay. I'd also rather have him see me smiling and waving when he heads toward the boat, than sucking in snot and moping. This last time was a hard one, because of the circumstances. He got his smile and wave, and didn't have to see me in the car ride home. I've been doing really good since he left. We've been apart longer than this before. Deployments are a regular thing with this job. He has more important things to worry about than if I'm crying in my pillow. That's just my opinion........
I agree with Jess... Then again, I usually am a blubbering mess... If you think Jess and I were bad at the airport.... you just wait, you haven't seen one of those until either you get back here or I get there... or both. Tell Tristan I said HI! I heart thee!
I think you are wise in your actions. To quote a favoite book of mine, To Sail Beyond the Sunset (by Robert Heinlein):
Never let him see me cry and be sure to offer him a smiling face when he returns...don't, Don't, DON'T sour his return with fiddling details...Make him happy to come home, and sorry to leave.
I try this, but most often am too selfish to succeed. May you have better luck with it than I.
Post a Comment
<< Home