Home
Joe is finally HHOOOOMMMMMEEE! He got here in the morning on the 1st. I got a phone call from one of the wives the night before saying that they were coming in in the morning instead of the afternoon and to be at the hangar at 8:ooam. Well, I was anxious and got there at 7:30am. Joe had told me a few days before that he was on the first wave of helos. He wasn't. He was the last. It was still great to watch. All the guys were in desert gear and seemed suprised by all of us. They roped off the flightline right in front of the hanger and passed out ear plugs. The III MEF band was there and played for them as they marched into the hangar. Everyone stood and clapped and cheered for all the guys, even if their husbands weren't in the group. It was great. I got a picture of a woman handing over a brand new baby to her husband. No eye was dry when that happend. The news crews weren't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but they took alot of pictures of Tristan. It was only local crews like AFN and Stars and Stripes. I haven't got the film developed yet. Tristan wasn't too sure of Joe, but now he's coming around. I think he's a little confused. He still points to pictures of Joe and says Dada, but hasn't caught on to the man who looks like the pictures. Anyway, when I get the film developed I will put it on here as soon as I can.
Welcome Home Joe! Thanks for all you have done for this country!
Hey Charlie Joe, I thank the Lord you are home safe!!!! OOHRAH from Uncle Rod!!!! love you Joe
Hugs and kisses for everyone!
It won't be long before Tristan and Joe are thick as thieves.
Slainte, babies. Love you lots.
Post a Comment
<< Home