Sunday, August 28, 2005


Slightly Worried
I have heard some news about my possible new duty station and it's not good. Kool-Aid has a friend that's there already and has run into some problems. Remember, I have been living in a foriegn country for 2 years now and only know about what's on the news in America. I've heard about all the protests and the anti-bush rallies and all. But what I've heard about California makes me wonder how it will be. Someone just walked up to this guy and told him that she hated bush and all he's doing but supports the military. That's a bit of a double negative isn't it? Anyway...Someone was also called a "baby killer." Some places doesn't like military people to come into establishments and outdoor city activities. This is in America mind you. Back in Okinawa they might protest and want the bases closed, but you still get a respectful bow from the lady working the drive thru at McDonald's. I happen to like President Bush and I like the military. Bush has balls and sticks to his guns. The military give these people the right to come up to enlisted people and talk bad about their job. So they like the title, but not the job duties? I think that just shows how ignorant these people really are. On top of all that, this new base that we might be going to is smack dab in the middle of snooty-ville. BMW driving, granola eating, $100 manicures, tree huggers that don't like military or the President. Well......their BMW's help pollute and are sucking more of the gas out of the country, granola bars don't just grow on trees. They are made in some factory that has cheap labor and emits gases into the o-zone. Their nails...one word..acrylic. How "natural" is that? So I have a feeling that I will stick close to the base the whole time we're there. But if I do go off, you can bet every time I do I will have a Marine Corps shirt on and make damn sure you can read it. I would have a smile on my face when my husband bails me out of jail for screwing up some prissy anti-military $@#!*%& nose job if they feel like they need to say something to me.




Comments


Blogger Samantha said...

Michelle, I love you.

10:57 PM  
Blogger margilowry said...

Okay, that line: "so they like the title but not the job duties" was F'N BRILLIAN, Michelle. You GO, girl.

We're so proud of you.

xoxo

11:06 AM  
Blogger margilowry said...

erm.. . that should be BRILLIANT.

Hook'd on fonix werk'd fer me.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

When you get arrested for ripping somebody's f***ing face off, I'll come and be your cell mate (in other words I'll finish the job you've started...if need be). Ditto from me....I'm proud of you and Joe both. SMOOCH!

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl
Love Ya

3:52 PM  
Blogger Stephani said...

oh michelle, i love you! ps call me if you wanna beat up a good-for-nothing pos like that. i wanna help

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home