1 year gone....
There's things that I miss from back in the states. Of course I miss my family and friends, but there are some strange things that I miss as well. I miss Target. Sounds wierd, but I do. There's only the PX on base that sells American stuff. Off base is.....just different(Not to mention expensive) I really miss some food places. Chick-fil-a, Braums, Arby's, Sonic(ALOT), up by my dad's I miss Zip's. French fries and tartar sauce was great. I want to go to a restaurant and not have to point at what I want, hoping it will be good. Go in a public bathroom and know that there is toilets, not female urinals on the floor. Oh yes, urinals. It looks like someone laid a small urinal on the ground. It is ssoo gross. I won't use one. On top of that, they smell real bad and how can you keep your pants from touching the floor that has pee on it? Women don't really have aim. Anyway..... I miss Denny's at 3 in the morning. This is wierd for me to say, but I miss the mall. You go off base to buy clothes, you better be a size 2 or smaller. Every once and a while I actually find something that fits. That, and their fashion is real wierd here. Imagine 80's crossed with hip-hop. Throw in leather high heel boots,(which normally are 2 sizes too big. It makes me think they don't know how to buy ones that fit.) and a louis Vuitton purse, and you've got the style here. I like it here and all, and it's a great experience to live in this part of the world, but I miss America.
ohmygawd! 2 Cherry limeades, a foot long chili-cheese coney, a number 2 with no onions, and an order of chili-cheese tator-tots, Thanks!
We don't have a Sonic within a couple hours of us. Growing up in Texas, and College in New Mexico, Sonic was a given! We CRAVE it! Thanks for bringing up that painful memory! (Just Kidding)
Umm, you know all you have to do is tell me and I will have whatever food you want waiting for you at the airport, when you get here.
Post a Comment
<< Home