awwww...................
I was bitching about paperwork earlier today, which put me in a mood. Well, I get my son ready for bed as usual and have the daily struggle to put clothes back on him. I have been trying to teach him sign language. It has been proven, and I've seen it in my husband's nephew, that babies can learn how to sign before they can talk. It comes in handy when they are sort of talking as well. I sit down tonight to give him his final bottle, and while he's drinking he looks at me and does the sign for milk. Everything from today just went away. He learned the sign for milk. I can't describe what kind of feeling that gave me. He kept signing milk, and watched his hand while he did it. Then comes the big gum smile. He forgot to swallow his mouthful of course and I got it on me, but it wasn't that big of a deal. He understood something new today, and just had to smile about it.
Smartest. Baby. Ever.
{{{{{{ hugs both of you until you squeal }}}}}}}
I love you, Chelle.
Awwwwww, too cute! I remember when my Adam started doing that. It was such an awesome feeling! "He's TELLING me something, and he's NOT SCREAMING to do it!"
We taught my son to sign starting when he has about 6 mo. We signed to him and he gradually picked it up. It is amazing to watch them finally be able to communicate WITHOUT screaming! The first time he crawled up and signed he wanted food, we about burst with excitement! Problem? We got so excited we forgot to feed him! He was a little confused to say the least!
Post a Comment
<< Home