I can only imagine.....
I heard from my husband a couple of days ago. He's evidently doing okay since he told me he Christmas shopped online. He told me he got some thing for our son, and I'm a bit worried. he said he bought him a stuffed animal. Sounds normal, right? If you know Joe, then you know it's not normal. The next thing he told me is that he hopes it fits in the car. So now I can only imagine the size of this thing. I'm trying to think how I am going to carry the box it comes in, and my son to the 5th floor of my building. Might be bringing bunji(however you spell it) chords with me for a while to the post office when I check my mail.
Another thing in my life here in Okinawa that is odd is the weather. It's a week away from Christmas and the high today was 77. In all the base housing there is no central heat and air. We have those little units you see in hotels. Well, someone out there decides when the air turns into heat. They did about a week ago. Makes no sense to me. So now at bedtime it feels like late spring before you finally shut the windows and turn on the a/c. Have nothing but a sheet on your bed, sticky air, and an even harder time for me to fall asleep. I'm not complaining about the day time, too much. It gets a bit warm in my house if the wind doesn't blow. But you get out in this weather and it's nice. No dreams of snow here...just wish they would keep the family swimming beaches open year round.
Post a Comment
<< Home