What the.....???
I'm sitting here minding my own business watching the season finale of Las Vegas(not the biggest fan but when you only have one channel you can't be picky) and one of the characters is a Marine who gets re-activated and shipped out. It's a fake show and it made me cry. A Marine Corps recruiting commercial comes on, and I tear up. Anything I see about guys saying on tv that they love their wives, or having to leave I bawl like a spanked baby. What the hell is wrong with me? I'm not a hard ass or anything, but I'm not this damn soft. I can sit straight faced through "Old Yeller", but can't when a picture flashes on tv of a guy in uniform fresh off the boat holding their baby. It was bad enough when I watched "We Were Soldiers" a couple weeks ago all alone. I love the movie and all, but it probably wasn't the greatest idea considering the circumstances right now. As soon as one of the guys said"I'm glad I could die for my country." and"Tell my wife I love her." I was a puddle of snot. I know my husband is gone and all, but I know I can handle it. And I think I'm doing pretty good, so why the hell am I crying over a stupid tv show?
Post a Comment
<< Home