Sunday, December 12, 2004


Man, I'm a dork...
Let me start off by saying Jesse had her baby and as far as I know all is doing well. A 6lb 13oz little girl named Emma. Well, today was a normal, uneventful day like always. I was driving home from the commisary and put in a CD. I then heard Tristan in the backseat of the car, singing! He was making singing sounds to a band called New Found Glory. It's a newer punk band that I like. It was funny. Reason #1 that I'm a dork: I think it's cute that my kid likes punk music, and that I dress him in punk clothes.
I get home and put him down for a nap. I turn on the TV, not really watching it. Just wanted background noise as I picked up the house a bit. Access Hollywood was on and it showed that Johnny Depp is doing a remake of one of my favorite movies, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I thought that was so great. Not to mention I think Johnny Depp is a cutie. It won't be better than the origional by any means, but still is cool that they're doing it. Reason #2 that I'm a dork: I can sing almost every word to the songs of Willy Wonka, and I actually said "yay" outloud when I saw that Johnny Depp was doing a remake of the movie.




Comments


Blogger Rescue Mike said...

Dear Michelle,
We appreciate your application for the prestigious title of DORK. Unfortunatley, neither of those stories qualifies you for Dork status at this time. We wish you best of luck in your future endevors.
Sincerly
Rescue Mike
President of DORKS, Inc. LLC

11:06 PM  
Blogger margilowry said...

Honey, if you're a dork, then so am I.

I am VERY excited about the new Willy Wonka -- I'm really hoping that Tim Burton shows the darker side of the book (which was not seen with the original Gene Wilder movie). Not that I don't LOVE the original -- I do.

And, if you can stand the download, Yahoo! Movies has the first trailer for the movie. The excitement! My first thought: WHATINHELL did they do to Johnny Depp's teeth?? LOL http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/charlieandthechocolatefactory.html

I was too young to play Veruca Salt or Violet Beauregarde in the first one and now I'm too old. Life is NOT fair.

My dork-o-meter just flew off the scale, huh? Heh.

8:01 PM  
Blogger margilowry said...

Ooh. Shit. I just read Keely's comment.

I know all the words to the damned BC Clark commercial.

:: flee ::

8:04 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

"So give the gift you know can't fail.....from BC Clarks Anniversary Sale! I've caught myself singing it around the house. That commercial is a Christmas tradition to some people. Almost everyone knows the words, but only a handful have ever been in the store!

2:14 AM  
Blogger Baby Chicken said...

I used to like Willy Wonka - REALLY REALLY liked the story (and movie) - until I met a guy in college who looked just like an Oompa-Loompa. But he was creepy! Like weird stalker- triple murderer kinda creepy.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Profile


Name:
Location: California, United States

Married to my best friend, and have an adorable little boy and a giant puppy who I stay at home with. I travel wherever my husband's job takes us and love every minute of it.

Previous Posts


The only picture I have of Ryan. Happy Birthday to...
He's just a cutie pie! 
Info
What the.....???
Boy that face has many little comments that I coul...
wow
Insert title here___________
Tristan in his 1st Santie Claus picture. 
"What? Me? I didn't do it.....I swear." 
News

Archives


November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
January 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007

Blog Roll


Baby Chicken
Rescue Mike
Rachael Lucas
Keely
Richy Rich
Jesse
Julia
Tara
Randi
Margi Lowry
Michelle Malkin
Note It Posts
Subliminal Koolaid
Samantha
Iggy Froggy
Lyla
BullfrogsWritingPalace
Levi

Website Counters
Site Credit


Author: Michelle
Powered & Hosted: Blogger
Designer: Devilish*Designs
Requirements: Kelt font
1024x768 screen resolution
Best Viewed:
Designer recommends the lastest version of Mozilla Firefox; also viewable in latest versions of Internet Explorer, Netscape, and Opera.