Home Sweet Home....
Well, if everyone doesn't know already, Joe got his orders. We will be leaving the island this December and report to California in Jan. I am nervous. I've never been to Cali and had to do a "real" PCS and TMO. Moving building to building on island doesn't really come close. Coming over here I had to leave a power of attorney for the TMO and fly over alone. I know nothing about this new place, but do know one person who will be there. I'm kind of sad to leave here. I made a friend who is Japanese who is married to Joe's friend, and there's still places I want to go here. We are going to try to go to the Ocean Expo Park before we leave. It's kind of like Sea World I guess. I want to go to Shurji Castle too. I don't think we'll make it there though. (It's the castle of the Kingdom of the Ryukyu Islands. Which was what Okinawa was before the Japanese took it over and made it the Okinawa Prefecture. It was badly destroyed in the war and then restored in 1989...I belive it was that year...) Another reason why I'm sad to leave is this is where Joe and I had our first place together. This is where Tristan was born and grew to be the huge, older 20 month old he is now. I know I'll get over it soon, but I still think about it. I'm excited to move too though. Somewhere new. I have no dates or a real plan to tell anyone yet. We just found out yesterday. When I do hear more....I'll update.
ohhhhhhhhh!!!!! i am so going to drive over and see you!!!!!!! or i might just fly hell i dont know! i have a poker tournment tonight or i would write more. hugs and kisses and i miss yoou and i love you sis!
Post a Comment
<< Home