Thursday, October 13, 2005


Wow......
I got a phone call from Joe at about 8:00 this morning. As things turned out...Joe was re-enlisting TODAY. Still in my pj's and drinking coffee I had to be ready in an hour. I called his mom to let her know and the phone rang again. He called to tell me that I was gatting some certificate as well. Joe was picking me up at nine. I ran frantically around the house because he said I needed to dress nice. The only nice things I have is formal gowns and club wear. I got a few pairs of jeans with no holes in them too. So I get the boy dressed and put on a nice pair of jeans and a nice black shirt. We go up to Joe's hangar to do the re-swearing in and stuff. I met his new CO and XO which was nice because they've been here for a few months now. Really nice guys. So Tristan and I watched Joe swear in again and recieve his certificate. Then they call me up. I recieved a certificate of appreciation. It says,"my name...Has earned grateful appreciation for her unselfish, faithful and devoted service during her husband's Marine Corps career. Your unfailing support and understanding helped to make possible your husband's lasting contribution to the nation." Pretty cool, huh? In the middle of all this, Tristan had put Joe's cover on and pointed at him and yelled, "Daddy!" I brought my camera, but the squadron's camera was dying. It was the same type as mine so I let them use the battery. If I didn't, well the squadron would have no pics. So they will e-mail Joe the pictures, and as soon as they do I will put them on here. I had to be in a few. Since, you know I was all spiffy and got a certificate too...




Comments


Blogger margilowry said...

Congratulations, honey. I think it's awesome that the Marines honor thier spouses. That rocks.

Love all around . . .

8:03 AM  
Blogger Ley Méndez said...

nice blog!!!

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Profile


Name:
Location: California, United States

Married to my best friend, and have an adorable little boy and a giant puppy who I stay at home with. I travel wherever my husband's job takes us and love every minute of it.

Previous Posts


More Marine Stuff
Yay Beer!
I wanna be like Daddy!
Code of Conduct
Hey Good Lookin'...
For the Halloween Spirit
I Get The Point........
Leaving..
Happy Birthday Joe!
Loooong time

Archives


November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
January 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007

Blog Roll


Baby Chicken
Rescue Mike
Rachael Lucas
Keely
Richy Rich
Jesse
Julia
Tara
Randi
Margi Lowry
Michelle Malkin
Note It Posts
Subliminal Koolaid
Samantha
Iggy Froggy
Lyla
BullfrogsWritingPalace
Levi

Website Counters
Site Credit


Author: Michelle
Powered & Hosted: Blogger
Designer: Devilish*Designs
Requirements: Kelt font
1024x768 screen resolution
Best Viewed:
Designer recommends the lastest version of Mozilla Firefox; also viewable in latest versions of Internet Explorer, Netscape, and Opera.