Tuesday, October 18, 2005


Marine Corps Ball
Okay I think we are ready for the ball now. Joe had to buy a new jacket because his from our wedding didn't fit him anymore. We sent his medals in to be mounted which will cost about $25. He bought a jacket from a friend so it was only about $50. He had to buy new pants too which were about $30ish? The medals and ribbons were maybe $10. He still needs a new hat, but I don't know how much that will cost. So we are at $115 now. It is $30 a person to get in to the ball. I finally found a dress which cost 28,600 yen. (around $280....) after looking all afternoon. Of course I found it at the last place I look which was on my way home and the closest one to home. It's really pretty though. Then had to buy hot rollers for $20. I decided to use a pair of shoes I already have to save money. They've only been worn once anyway. So now we're up to $475. From what I've heard, we are staying for the food and ceremony and then going out afterwards. God only knows how much we will spend on that. Drinks cost 450 yen a piece and beer can be about 500 yen a piece. To help with the math the yen rate right now is 112 yen to the dollar. There is no coin beer night and such here. There's also a $5 cover charge to about every bar here. Then the cab ride home where you're looking at atleast 450 yen to just get in the car. It's going to cost a pretty penny, but I bet we have fun. I haven't had a reason to dress up in a long time. We have a babysitter until morning, which is also his little friends house. Kayleigh is going to watch him and I'm watching her son for when she goes to her husbands ball. 19 more days until our ball.....




Comments


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michelle check this out, there's a comment at the end "good job Marines" either way it's funny as hell. http://media.putfile.com/way_to_armadillo

OEK

7:28 AM  
Blogger margilowry said...

I can't wait to see how beautiful you both look. . .

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Profile


Name:
Location: California, United States

Married to my best friend, and have an adorable little boy and a giant puppy who I stay at home with. I travel wherever my husband's job takes us and love every minute of it.

Previous Posts


Wow......
More Marine Stuff
Yay Beer!
I wanna be like Daddy!
Code of Conduct
Hey Good Lookin'...
For the Halloween Spirit
I Get The Point........
Leaving..
Happy Birthday Joe!

Archives


November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
January 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007

Blog Roll


Baby Chicken
Rescue Mike
Rachael Lucas
Keely
Richy Rich
Jesse
Julia
Tara
Randi
Margi Lowry
Michelle Malkin
Note It Posts
Subliminal Koolaid
Samantha
Iggy Froggy
Lyla
BullfrogsWritingPalace
Levi

Website Counters
Site Credit


Author: Michelle
Powered & Hosted: Blogger
Designer: Devilish*Designs
Requirements: Kelt font
1024x768 screen resolution
Best Viewed:
Designer recommends the lastest version of Mozilla Firefox; also viewable in latest versions of Internet Explorer, Netscape, and Opera.