Saturday, October 29, 2005


Reflecting...
I just wanted to recap my whole experience here on the island. I remember I was really nervous to come out here and wondering how it would be. I hear that the friendships you make with wives and such out here were supposed to be close knit since you are in a foriegn country and no family around. Then when your husbands deploy, that's all you got. Well, I learned that it's not always true. I spent my first year practically alone. I then made...well..I wouldn't really call them friends. But since I can't think of a better(or shorter) word for it, I'll call them that. We only hung out really while our husbands were deployed. Then once the boat ported, we didn't speak. They weren't my kind of people either. Then I learned where the real close knit was. It's in the guys. Wives are like temporary families for them. We let them sit inside a home with real food, kids, and a sense of back in America. Especially here. These guys went to combat together and I won't ever know the ful stories that they have that happend there. Back home in the States no one will really know what my husband and all his friends went through. I can say I made friends out here. We still speak when our husbands step off the boat, but it's honestly nothing that we will stay in touch with each other forever. My outlook on this place is just that. You have the close bond with your little family, the guys he works with, and the time you have here. I think that's one of the main things I'm going to miss from here. These guys take care of their own. Their squadron is their family here. The wives take care of more than just their husbands. We help in things that we can here while their gone, and give them a little piece of home until they can get back there. I ended up making a friend who was born and raised here on Okinawa. She taught me things about the Japanese that you won't read in a brochure. I think I showed her that not all military wives are snotty and uptight. I wil never forget the people I met here or the times I had. It was where my son was born, and where for the first time I hugged my husband goodbye and knew he was going to real combat.




Comments


Blogger margilowry said...

Very well done, babygirl.

We love you,
M

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Profile


Name:
Location: California, United States

Married to my best friend, and have an adorable little boy and a giant puppy who I stay at home with. I travel wherever my husband's job takes us and love every minute of it.

Previous Posts


Picture Time!!!
Isn't he freakin cute with his little backpack on?...
My two boys together after screaming and running a...
Home Sweet Home....
Joe...
Five more years....
Joe's Re-enlistment
Marine Corps Ball
Wow......
More Marine Stuff

Archives


November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
January 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007

Blog Roll


Baby Chicken
Rescue Mike
Rachael Lucas
Keely
Richy Rich
Jesse
Julia
Tara
Randi
Margi Lowry
Michelle Malkin
Note It Posts
Subliminal Koolaid
Samantha
Iggy Froggy
Lyla
BullfrogsWritingPalace
Levi

Website Counters
Site Credit


Author: Michelle
Powered & Hosted: Blogger
Designer: Devilish*Designs
Requirements: Kelt font
1024x768 screen resolution
Best Viewed:
Designer recommends the lastest version of Mozilla Firefox; also viewable in latest versions of Internet Explorer, Netscape, and Opera.