Scenery
I forgot to tell about a few things we saw on our trip to pick up the puppy. We had to go through San Fransisco up and back. But on our way up there I saw Giant Stadium. We were at a stop light right in fron of it. There was a huge statue of a baseball player...who I don't know....but it was there. I saw the cable cars and such too. We had to cross the bay bridge which was reallly long. I guess the bride is like two layers and we were on the bottom layer and we didn't see a whole lot. I saw Alcatraz though and I thought it would be bigger. We were high up and a bit away from it...but still. We had to cross another little bridge and it cost $3 just to drive on it. On our way back se saw the Redwood forest place. I can't remember the name of it but Joe was mad because it was late at night. When we got back in San Fransisco at like 1 in the morning we got to drive across the Golden Gate Bridge. That thing is huge! When we were on it I was just hoping no accident would happen or no flat tires because there is nowhere to pull off to. But we had to pay $5 just to drive on it. We didn't know that until we got to the end of the bridge. We had like 4 bucks on us between each other and I was wondering what they were going to do since we didn't have all the money. The toll booth guy said they would just mail us a bill. I guess they do that by your tag or something. But 5 bucks for a bridge? We drove on a much longer bridge for free. We also went through Half Moon Bay, if anyone is a golf fan knows what that place is all about. I think we may go back up to San Fransisco some other time when it is daytime. I think it's a kinda cool place, but I wouldn't want to live there. Everything is so crammed together that I would go crazy.
Sounds interesting! Wish you were making a trip to the San Diego area this weekend, but I understand that you can't! Maybe next time I'm in the area I'll be able to stay longer and I can make the extra trip to see you. But of course by the time I can afford to go again you all will probably be stationed elsewhere.
Post a Comment
<< Home