News
I got another phone call from Joe this evening. He shared a few things with me tonight I am passing on to here. First, there are some theives in his unit, and they are pissing me off. It started when he was on the boat. Someone stole his underwear out of his laundry. Of all things..... When he was in Kuwait, it happend again. I told him not to steal them back because that would be even more gross. It has happend one more time. He has bought more, so don't think he's running around without underpants on. Now someone has stole his kevlar helmet. To do the paperwork to get a new one would take 6 months, which means we have to buy a new one so he has it now, and they aren't cheap. The casualty toll is up to 10 from his MEU. There is a guy also who is getting a purple heart for (I guess?) being grazed by 3 bullets to the arm during a convoy. He was back out driving in a convoy when he drove over 2 mines. They have, in my husband's own words, "beefed up the armor on their humvee's big time." Everyone was okay in the convoy. Which is good news to me. My husband is getting his combat wings, and 3 medals. Which ones...............I dunno. His whole squadron is getting them. He's in good spirits, but very tired. A constantly changing schedule, and a hard time sleeping is catching up to him. He wants to thank everyone for their thoughts as well. He even had a funny story to tell me. His SSGT, a friend, and him were watching Blackhawk Down together, when a certain part came up. When all falls silent and the cat runs across the road, he said all of them in unison said," I would shoot that damn cat right off the road!"
I'm very VERY glad to hear he's doing all right. (And that you are not strangling someone over paperwork. LOL)
xoxo
Tell Joephus to wear all of his underwear at once, just take a pair off a day... and wash them. I bet it'll make his but look huge. haha....
I miss you!!
Randi
Post a Comment
<< Home