Thoughts..
Last night when I was laying in bed, I thought about the guys returning home from Iraq. I felt bad for some of them. All the people here don't get the same kind of home coming the ones back in the states. The only people here to greet them are their spouses and children. Friends there would be picking up their own spouses and such. There is no community of random people to say thanks and all. The community here is made of military people and dependants. The rest of the community here is native Japanese who don't even want us here. So why would they be happy when they get home? Think about the single guys. There will be no family to greet them. Sure there will be spouses who are friends, but that's not the same. They'll see hugging and kissing, which you can't do with someone elses spouse. The single guys in my husband's squadron are coming home to paperwork. Their barracks were signed off to another unit, and all of their belongings are in TMO storage. I don't know...I was just thinking about it and felt bad for them. There's only so much I can do..you know?
You have such a good heart, baby.
I guess if you went around hugging and kissing all the single guys, Joe might take exception to that, huh?
:: wink ::
Post a Comment
<< Home