Monday, March 13, 2006


The Beginning
Well, I have some catching up to do so I should start with our drive over here. We left on a Sunday and actually ended up in Colorado by that night. Which was a good thing. Kansas is so boring to drive through. We went north a little bit instead of straight across because we thought the roads would be better prepared for snow. We got here in 3 days which was alot faster than I thought. We made a few stops to look at stuff, but I think Joe wanted to stop more than he said. He just didn't speak up. There were a few places that we stopped at and wanted to see, but Tristan was asleep in the back seat. A few of them were trails you could walk that they found fossils at. When I was a wee lass, I was obsessed with dinosaurs so I was a bit disappointed that we couldn't walk it. I guess they found quite a few fossil in Utah and some of Nevada. But those 2 states kind of blur together. Except I guess the farmers in Utah don't believe in fences because there were cattle guards on the highways and signs all over saying "open range." Tristan was soo good. I think the DVD player we got for Christmas helped though too. I think I have season 1 of Spongebob memorized. When we did get here, we had to stay in a base hotel for about a week. I seriously think that it used to be barracks that they turned into hotel rooms. 2 rooms shared a bathroom and shower. It was okay though because they gave us the 2 rooms. It felt a little good to be back on a base. It just feels normal to hear a trumpet play when they raise the flag in the morning, the sound for chow, and taps at sunset. And to see uniforms again. The only thing I'm missing is the sound of helicopters. I get an occaisonal plane, but no helicopters. I think Joe already misses flying. The first night we spent in our new house...we had nothing. We went to Target(which I love and there's one right down the highway from me)and bought pillows and a blanket. Tristan had his Spiderman couch and his own blankets so he slept on that. Joe and I were on the floor in our living room. Our shipments came in pretty quick this time which I was glad. They were just flip-flopped. The first shipment had all our pots and pans and stuff, and the second one was stuff we didn't need right away. We made do though. We're all settled in now, just needing a few more pieces of furniture.




Profile


Name:
Location: California, United States

Married to my best friend, and have an adorable little boy and a giant puppy who I stay at home with. I travel wherever my husband's job takes us and love every minute of it.

Previous Posts


These are pictures of Tristan's birthday. We didn'...
Pitures...
Back From The Dead...
Yes....I'm still alive....
OOKKKKAAAYYYY!!!!
Samantha's Tag
Veteran's Day
Keely tagged me..
Winding down
Jarhead the Movie

Archives


November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
January 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007

Blog Roll


Baby Chicken
Rescue Mike
Rachael Lucas
Keely
Richy Rich
Jesse
Julia
Tara
Randi
Margi Lowry
Michelle Malkin
Note It Posts
Subliminal Koolaid
Samantha
Iggy Froggy
Lyla
BullfrogsWritingPalace
Levi

Website Counters
Site Credit


Author: Michelle
Powered & Hosted: Blogger
Designer: Devilish*Designs
Requirements: Kelt font
1024x768 screen resolution
Best Viewed:
Designer recommends the lastest version of Mozilla Firefox; also viewable in latest versions of Internet Explorer, Netscape, and Opera.